seventy nine Social Media information That reveal How Our World Is changing
February eight, 2016
Social media is an dependancy.
smartly, it is for many people. most of the people can’t stroll straight this present day as they have got their head within the cell phone and one eye on the pavement. If any person from one hundred years ago used to be transported to 2016, they might assume we were mad as we talk to ourselves with white wires hanging from our ears!
So why are we so captivated?
It’s about human connection at scale that networks us to billions of individuals. we’re curious about the impression of our creations. Will they find it irresistible? Are they sharing my thoughts, images and movies?
It also gives us a voice.
Social media makes us really feel empowered
This intersection of humanity and technology is human super awareness enabled by using hardware, apps and wireless connectivity. It’s a worldwide mind meld that permits us to share thoughts, emotions and images with our household and friends regardless of where we or they’re. digital reality is turning into the truth. Social media is now a huge a part of that reality.
we will additionally subscribe to in international engagement of our particular person pursuits.
a distinct segment pastime in playing a definite on-line sport, sharing teach staring at ideas and cave diving tips can now be indulged with different like minded humans that transform our international interest tribes. You no longer must force or fly to enroll in or create a conversation. Skype, Periscope or Blab let you connect from house.
It’s hyper connectivity at scale. It’s changing the sector as we understand it. And we don’t know the place it is going.
The social net and the digital world is forcing trade to think totally different about its advertising, what content material it creates and to focus on innovation.
What worked simply 5 years in the past doesn’t work these days.
relying on natural site visitors from facebook shares used to be the main social sharing tactic 5 years in the past now. We now recognize we wish to pay for that traffic in 2016!
so that you need to try the opposite options. These include:
Flipboard: Over 70 million users
WhatsApp: simply cracked the 1 billion consumer mark
Snapchat: suggested to have 100 million users
Social media is splintering. It’s now not on the subject of fb.
So the social sharing buttons need to be updated. i have now added Flipboard and WhatsApp. To assist me do this i use probably the most absolute best Apps for bloggers and web site homeowners.. (an awesome app known as SumoMe).
It lets in me to easily connect and replace my sharing buttons (plus 11+ different cool options) which is usually a floating sidebar, on the high or sitting at the bottom of the web page.
now not handiest that nevertheless it offers you great metrics and stats. here is one of the vital knowledge which you can get from the dashboard.
Above is my first day of metrics seize. the information that displays on a mouseover can also be very insightful.
listed below are the proportion splits.
- Twitter used to be top at sixty three
- LinkedIn was next at 17
- Pinterest – sixteen
- email – 15
- fb -12
- Google+ -10
- WhatsApp – 9
- Buffer – 6
- Flipboard – 2
What stunned me was how many people shared via email, WhatsApp and also FlipBoard. So we have now the outdated and the new! presentations you not think how and what individuals share. You wish to understand the information so which you could optimize and maximize your sharing.
if you wish to comprehend some more about SumoMe check up on this submit on “easy methods to Double Your traffic with out Paying Google or facebook a Cent“. the place I take a closer look at the key 12+ instruments you should utilize to double your visitors.
The social web will extend model awareness, grow your visitors and raise leads and gross sales whether it is achieved neatly.
Flipboard goes viral
Three weeks in the past one thing took place that shocked me.
I published a submit “7 Inspiring Books you must learn” after which I flipped that put up into one of my non-public Flipboard magazines the place I put all my blog posts.
a couple of hours later my visitors blew up.
i found the major source for the site visitors of 200 readers a minute used to be coming from Flipboard.
Flipboard is a social-network aggregation journal structure cellular app that used to be founded in 2010 and i joined up a number of years in the past and had been enjoying at its edges . however the visitors it is using in 2016 to my web page is now very stunning but welcome.
So listed here are the teachings on viral.
keep innovating and making an attempt new techniques. you’re going to be shocked continuously through what works and what doesn’t.
if you wish to see how the jeffbullas.com posts appear to be on FlipBoard come and test it out here. For extra information on Flipboard, investigate cross-check this article. “6 ways manufacturers Can expand Their advertising and marketing With FlipBoard Magazines”
So after that small digression let’s have a more in-depth look at the social media data that at the back of how the social internet is altering how we keep in touch, market and create content material.
facebook owns some companies that you perhaps aren’t privy to. Instagram(offered for $ 1billion), Occulus Rift (for $ 2 billion) and WhatsApp (purchase value of $ 19 billion). These are one of the vital facebook info from their investor relations division
- monthly energetic users (MAUs) – MAUs were 1.59 billion as of December 31, 2015, an increase of 14% year-over-yr.
- revenue – earnings for the full year 2015 used to be $ 17.93 billion, a rise of 44% 12 months-over-12 months.
- income from operations – profits from operations for the whole 12 months 2015 was once $ 6.23 billion.
- web income – internet profits for the full year 2015 used to be $ 3.69 billion.
- Free cash go with the flow – Free money go with the flow for the full yr 2015 was $ 6.08 billion.
- day by day lively users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.04 billion on average for December 2015, a rise of 17% year-over-yr.
- cellular DAUs – cell DAUs were 934 million on reasonable for December 2015, an increase of 25% 12 months-over-yr.
- mobile MAUs – mobile MAUs have been 1.44 billion as of December 31, 2015, a rise of 21% yr-over-yr.
- cell merchandising revenue – cell advertising earnings represented approximately 80% of advertising revenue for the fourth quarter of 2015, up from 69% of promotion revenue within the fourth quarter of 2014.
The role of cellular is a magnificent eighty% of all advertising revenue. the cash desktop rolls on.
Twitter in the remaining 12 months has taken a battering in the press, misplaced it’s CEO and continues to be struggling to monetise its platform. but it surely has a truckload of cash in reserves (at $ 3.5 billion) and on the current burn charge will be round for another 412 years in line with united states lately.
- 320 Million users
- Twitter can be offering live embedded feeds from Periscope in an instant within the Twitter feed by way of the Twitter app on the Apple iOS.
- a hundred and twenty million monthly users
- 500 million tweets are sent per day
beneath are some extra stats.
image source Twitter:
Snapchat launched in 2011 and was at the start almost pushed aside as a comic story. A fad that will pass. It used to be suggested that facebook offered $ three billion to buy the corporate and everybody idea they had been mad to reject it.
however the details in 2016 show a unique story.
- one hundred million active daily customers
- 18% of all social media customers in the US use Snapchat
- 30% of all US. millennials use the network
- 8,796 photographs a second are shared on Snapchat
- Snapchat is reputed to have 5% of the general selfie market
data supply: accelerated Ramblings
Infographic supply: Growingsocialmedia
This story in the back of the logo identify used to be a play on phrases of “What’s Up”. facebook bought it for $ 19 billion on Valentine’s Day, 2014 after beating Google’s offer of $ 10 billion.
It’s core philosophy is simplicity.
this is a little totally different to how Google approached the idea that with Google+. Which was once more concerning the giant bang and large bucks theory of beating fb. we know how that strategy performed out.
So listed here are one of the information at the back of WhatsApp.
- founded in 2009 through Jan Koum and Brian Acton
- just hit 1 billion users
- 7oo million photos get shared on the platform day-to-day
- 100 million new users are introduced day by day
- greater than a hundred million movies are shared daily
- the common user ship greater than one thousand messages monthly on WhatsApp
- moderate person exams the app 23 instances per day
Infographic supply: Shoponless.com
Google+ seems to have become more about considered one of its key features. Google+ Hangouts. Google+ has even admitted that Google+ perhaps cut up up into its useful elements.
perhaps the problem was once that it tried to do an excessive amount of relatively than start simple and evolve. instances to show that easy works embrace Twitter, Snapchat and WhatsApp.
It’s giant bang idea that imploded after investing over 1/2 a billion in it’s design and construction. Deep pockets don’t always win.
Google won at search however no longer social.
despite that listed here are some figures I managed to dig up.
- There are 2.2 billion G+ profiles
- handiest 9% have any publicly posted content. Do the maths. That’s 198 million that printed!
- 37% talked about that these actions were comments on YouTube videos
Statas source: Socialscoremedia
Instagram has now handed Twitter in the user depend and it seems love it is facebook’s very best investment. After shopping for it for $ 1 billion on April 9, 2012… Citibank valued it at $ 35 billion just ahead of the beginning of 2015 when it had 300 million users.
at the start of 2016 it has much more. here are some tips about Instagram to think about.
- Instagram has 420 million customers
- users share 70 million pictures a day
- Instagram is considered a very powerful social network via American teens than every other network at 32% vs 24% for Twitter and facebook at 14%.
Infographic source: Instagramchief.com
Pinterest feels like it has been around perpetually. but it hasn’t. On the social media scene it is almost center aged. It began in 2009.
listed below are a couple of information that you could be use when planning your social media advertising.
- a hundred million customers
- eighty% are feminine
- 30% of US social media customers are on Pinterest
Infographic supply: Brandingandbuzzing.com
Blab burst on the scene in 2015 and is a live streaming video app that permits up to four individuals to be the hosts while the remainder of the sector seems on and feedback. sort of just like the love kid of Periscope and Google+ Hangouts.
- choice of customers – No concept! but it has got a variety of attention over the last 6 months. I couldn’t find any numbers. if you have the within scoop please let me recognize!!
- customers can register to the Blab thru Twitter account best.
- Blabs can be recordable both as audio and video recordsdata
- The recorded Blabs will also be share and upload onto the social media platforms like Twitter, facebook, and Youtube and so on.
- Blab is to be had for both Android and iOS platform gadgets
- The 20 characters which can be further in Twitter profile bio can be lost when you have edit the information for Blab.
- Viewing Blab with out participating in was once known as as Lurk mode on Blab
- Blab permits maximum six hour lengthy content material
The Blab ideas
graphic source: Marc-levy.com
Periscope was once launched in March, 2015 and is an app that enables live video streaming from the app to your cell phone. are living streaming video from the mobile took off in 2015 with the launch of Meerkat, Periscope and Blab.
the usage of these platfroms to construct brand awareness and market your online business are still in embryonic tiers. So watch this house
- Periscope used to be bought through Twitter for $ 86 million
- persons are gazing forty years value of live video every day
- 350,000 hours of video is streamed daily
- considering that Periscope launched last yr, folks have created over a hundred million are living proclaims in keeping with the Twitter weblog.
- Estimated choice of users has handed 10 million
- daily active customers has handed 1.85 million
Infographic source: JenLehner.com
So i am maybe pushing the boundaries of what is a social network however Flipboard does enable sharing, content material publishing and comments.
It “is” still social media.
Flipboard used to be launched in 2010 by way of former Apple iPhone engineer, Evan Doll, and former Tellme CEO, Mike McCue. The duo got down to create an app that merged the simplicity and really feel of a journal with the accessibility and collaboration that know-how offers. The app integrates news from media shops from around the globe and items it in a journal layout.
- 72 million month-to-month customers
- 36 million use it every week
- it’s in more than 20 languages
- customers flip thru 8.2 billion tales a month
- they have got raised over $ 200 million in funding
Over to you
How is social media, the apps and the social internet altering your world?
Are you innovating or stagnating? What’s working for you? stay up for your insights and remarks in the comments below.